Continuing Education for Health Care Providers
Health Care Providers includes: home care providers, nurses and massage therapists or anyone who wish to delve deeply into simple interactive techniques for self-care. Learn more about proper body mechanics and alignment. Unlike stretching or fitness classes, yoga is more than just physical postures. Your body will most likely become much more flexible by doing yoga, and so will your mind.
Ease and efficiency of Yoga movements can protect Health Care Providers from unnecessary stress and pain.
Bending and reaching over the massage table or hospital bed can be stressful to both the body and the mind, that is why self care is important to survive a long and healthy career as a Health Care provider for you and your clients.
Yoga Techniques for Health Care Providers
4 Hours / 4 Credits – $60.00 "The Journey" Yoga DVD included
Ask about group rates
You will learn:
- Diaphragmatic Breathing and Bandha awareness and how to teach this technique to others. Breath work is the key!
- Connecting Movement and Breath to re-educate and maintain one's body.
- Feel the power of strength and stretch within each pose because the position of your feet and head does matter.
- Learn a flow of Yoga poses through a story to prevent "Burn-Out" and keep the mind happy.
- Where comfortable clothing that you would normally wear to work